The blog is the game changer when it comes to increasing your site traffic. This is where potential customers frequently visit a site. But, you have to keep in mind that blogging is not just about plaintexts presented in a good piece of article. Even though how much education the content is with the perfect tone of writing and good grammar combined, this could not capture the attention of the internet users without images, graphics and even related videos. Just consider yourself in a convenient store and think that your attention focuses more on the magazines with images rather than newspaper full of articles.
It is confirmed from most of the bloggers, that few images prior to your content will make your blog site very appealing. Of course, you have to use the right image and should be relevant according to your niche. Images could decrease the site’s bounce rate and at the same time, you can get higher CTR (Click Through Rate).
How to do so? The rule of the thumb – the images you are going to use to your blog site must be
- Relatable – Audiences can relate to the images you will use.
- Relevant – Images must be connected to the content of your blog.
- Relational – The images that you are going to use must be related to the trend.
For Example: Let’s say your blog is related to cartoons. It is smarter to use Tom and Jerry character rather than using Shin-Chan if your target audiences are the millennials. While, if you are targeting the generation Xs, Shin-Chan is highly recommended.
Smart Use of Typography on Your Images
Typography is the most important part of the images that you are going to use. Smart use of how you present the title of your blog via images can increase the rate of your heat map. The problem is, most writers have only a few knowledge of using photo editing tool such as Photoshop CC. Lucky, here is Canva to the rescue.
Read More: Goods and Services Tax (GST) Simplified for Bloggers
Canva for Bloggers
Canva tool is easy to use and the only thing that you should learn is dragging and clicking the mouse. As easy as that, you can create stunning images that can capture the audience’s’ attention. In fact, Canva users whether they are designers or not, they know that this tool empowers them. At some point, maybe you on your part is quite anxious about creating your first image to your blog. Perhaps you would say that you lack creativity. But, this is not true at all. With the right tool and the right passion, your creativity can be unleashed.
Melanie Perkins CEO of Canva once quoted:
“Most people think they’re either “creative” or “non-creative.” I disagree. I believe there’s creativity in all of us, and with the right tools it can be unleashed.”
Canva can improve your creativity skills because of its friendly user interface. It does increase the images’ interactive manner giving you confidence that whenever you post images, you know that fact that the images you created are incredible.
There are wide arrays of selection to choose from. This includes the backgrounds, foregrounds, icons and even cool animations for anyone out there who likes to create cool GIF animation images.
Tips that Every Blog Owner Must Follow:
Some Content Testing is Important
Content and testing are essential not just for your blogging page but for the overall site you are building. When it comes to testing, there is a lot more can be done prior to your evaluation.
The three keys of content and testing are the principle of VCC. Value (What’s in it for me?) Clarity (Is it Simple and Clear? Can we make it shorter?) Credibility (is the content of your blog believable?) As soon as this article is done, it is wise to begin and look for other areas and tweak the things that should be improved.
Persuasive Writing is another key to succeed when it comes to blogging aside from the images included to your page.
- Customer research is the foundation for increasing your traffic. If you identified your audience’s motivation why they come and visit your blog page, they can be your leads. The use of images from your blog can make an impact on your audiences that support the content itself.
- How You Say It – By all means write like a human which is the same way you speak to someone else. Why so? Because you are communicating with people, not the Webster’s dictionary. No need to use high valued words. Yet, of course, the grammar and the style of your blog must be correct. If you want credibility, correct grammar is a must.
Read More: WordPress Terms Every Blogger Must Know On Setting Up A WordPress Blog
Take the Advantage of Social Media
Have you ever tried sharing your blog via social media yet, it seems that no one cares at all? There is no problem with your content, but it is because you are lacking images used. Most Facebook users have no time to read all the stuff from your content. The chance is, they are just going to read a few sentences from your content from Facebook’s wall. Just consider when visiting your own Facebook account. You keep on scrolling down until you find what interest you the most. You barely read the content unless you see images or videos included on your wall.
- The use of images would be your blog’s first impression. Gone are the days where you have to impress the readers with your introduction. Quite frankly, while reading this, you spend most of the time using the images on this blog.
- The use of images is like a fish hook where you fish your audiences to take a bite to your blog page. Of course, every fish hook needs a bait (Canva).
Using Images – The Rule Of Thumb
Now that you learned the things you supposed to do to your blog page and why the use of images are important to your page. It is time for you to look for images which are relevant to your content. The rule of thumb – simple – never use Google image in search to find and post images on your blog.
- Try to create your own images with screenshots or taking photos. You can take the advantage of Canva’s feature where you can use their stock images for your blog. Of course, you can personalize the images by using your personal touch.
- Canva lets you find free images for your post that suits your niche. Use the Canva tools for typography and filters to make the image look attractive and socially shareable as well.
Captivating Images in Less Than 3 Minutes
Creating captivating images can take a lot of time since it requires skills, your artistic side, and creativity. Fortunately, Canva lets you create captivating images in just then three minutes.
- The use of Picture quotes is unarguably effective for anyone who wants to increase his traffic back to their site.
- You can simply change the colour scheme of the background and the foreground of the images you want for your site. Either way, Canva lets you create your very own distinctive picture quote.
- This allows you to save your time and even if you are just using a single picture from your quote post, you can make two, three or even more quotes from the same background.
Promote the blog via social media and encourage your friends or followers to repost the posts. This will prompt the readers to share your stuff without sounding like pleading to them reading your blog. Using images can help your blog to stand out and it will work for certain.