The Internet is filled with nonsense guides on how to make money online.
The people who write these guides are looking to make a quick profit by referring people through their affiliate links to sites that make these website owners a lot of money
When you do a youtube search, you are bombarded with options. Choosing one that will work for you is extremely difficult for a beginner
So if in 2018, someone wants to earn money online, what should he/she do
Well, I have the best answer for you along with examples and income proofs. I don’t like to give away my income proofs but when internet is filled with fake income gurus, to prove your credibility you need to show these numbers
Here are traffic proofs of one of a couple of my sites and also some earnings proof. Now since I have been signed up on 100+ networks to make money online, so I will be giving proof of only a few of them:
Now let’s talk about various methods that I use.
1. Starting a profitable blog
Not just any random blog, but rather a well-researched website on a niche which can make you money.
Let’s say you love playing guitar. You are an expert in that field. Then you can start a blog on Guitar. Now start answering questions of people like “how to play guitar” etc. through articles on your site.
Soon, if you do proper SEO (search engine optimization) your articles will start ranking on google search results, and you can then drive traffic to your site.
Making money from your traffic is easy, there are many ways to monetize your traffic:
- Affiliate marketing: you can recommend products to your audience and people who buy through your link, you will get a commission
- Paid session: since you know a lot about your niche, then you can sell paid skype sessions to people who are genuinely interested in learning from you. Like I charge $100-500/hour for my Digital marketing coaching for clients all over the world
- Other ways: many ways to make money open up like sponsored post, banner ad space, etc
Recommended Read- How To Setup a WordPress Site or Blog
2. Youtube channel
Now, this is something that is going to scale a lot in 2018.
The more people who enter earlier, the better for you.
This can also be a great extension for your blog. Adding a youtube channel will also expand your audience and also give you better credibility as you will be showing your videos, your personality.
Now just like traffic, the more subscriber you have, the more money you make
After helping many Youtube channels in scaling their audience, here are my best tips for you:
- Focus on increasing watch time: It is not the number of views but rather the watch time is what matters the most for youtube. Try to make people watch your video for longer compared to average view duration. This is the sure shot strategy to making it big on youtube
- Marketing is equally important: Most new YouTubers make the mistake of making the video and then hoping to get millions of views. It doesn’t work like that, you need to actively market your videos yourself and try to get more and more people to share the video. Also if your watch time is great, then you will start showing your videos in suggested videos section and that will drive insane amount of targeted visitors to your video
Recommended Read– The Beginner’s Mini Guide to Youtube Money
You can monetize your youtube audience through following channels:
- Forget about ads: If you think that you will make money from ads, then you are mistaken. You will get a very low ecpm as you in India and not in the US. So the money you make from ads will be very low compared to other sources
- Affiliate marketing is the key: Do product reviews and give your affiliate links in the description
- Sell your paid skype session: If people love your content they will surely love that personalized touch and pay you for personal paid skype sessions
- Other ways like brand partnership also helps a lot but its difficult for a new channel
These are the two methods that I highly recommend in 2018
Apart from these, there are mah other ways to make money online as well.
Online tutoring and also assignment completion are few that I like. One of my friends is easily making 60,000-1,00,000/month just doing these two. But you need to have expertise in some area to be able to use these two ways
Few of the lessons that I have learned while making money online
- Focus on value and not on money: Yes, money is what we all love, but to be successful in the long run you need to provide value to your audience to gain their trust. So be authentic, give genuine advice.
- It’s not a get rich quick scheme: If you are just a newbie, then it’s a learning curve. Yes, you can make thousands of dollars/month online, but for that, you must have the right guidance.
- Focus on one thing at a time: I have this habit of starting multiple projects at a time and then getting myself exhausted because of the excess workload. So just focus on one idea at a time and give all your energy to this
So here I will end this article.
I hope you were able to learn some new things from this article.
If you have any other question, you can email me at [email protected], and I will be happy to help you