If you’re like most business owners, you rely on the cloud to store your data. It’s a useful method to keep your data secure and easy to access from anywhere on the planet. However, what do you do if someone hacks into your cloud account? They could steal your data or even delete it! Fortunately, there is a more secure option for cloud storage.
In this article, we will discuss the web application security testing tool Intruder and also look at the best Intruder alternative and how it can help keep your cloud safe from hackers.
Intruder: What Is It?
Intruder’s cloud-based platform provides small and medium-sized organizations with easy risk monitoring, risk assessment, configuration mapping, and bug detection. The solution may be used by security teams to rank concerns on the perimeter, detect needless exposure, and minimize the attack surface.
Intruder’s network view gives teams an overview of all the internet-connected hosts and open ports on their network. The system spots deploy, captures information on ports, and send alerts if any changes are detected in existing services.
The vulnerability assessment phase of patch management can be used by security managers to detect vulnerable software components, frameworks, and hardware devices. This allows them to identify which security patches are missing and take steps to remediate the issue.
What Does Intruder Offer?
Intruder enables businesses to assess total checks, failed/passed checks, and unimportant callouts in order to prioritize critical issues and help with security remediation procedures. Managers may run penetration tests, generate security reports, and save them as PDF or CSV files for future reference.
Moreover, Intruder facilitates users to operational processes more efficiently while complying with ISO 27001/27002 and SOC 2 regulations.
Intruder integrates with a range of third-party services, such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Service (AWS). Intruder is available via live chat, documentation, and other online measures for monthly or annual subscriptions.
The bug tracking module shows typical vulnerabilities such as SQL injection, cross-site scripting, and XML injection. An intruder has a function that tests security encryption to identify flaws such as Heartbleed and VPN Encryption Weaknesses. Assessments are conducted automatically, and monthly scan reports are produced and delivered via email.
Intruder Customer Reviews: Pros & Cons
- Intruder is an easy tool to use, and the interface is simple to navigate. Scans may be started and scheduled without much effort. The ability to conduct continuous automated scans for new threats is one of my favorites. Customer service has always been quick to respond and happy to hear suggestions for improvements. It was also simple to connect it to Slack and Jira.
- The agent is uncomplicated to install and use on our internal team members. Monthly scans and reports show any vulnerabilities, including how critical or high they are. The advice on how to fix them is usually clear. The portal is easy to navigate and use, with a user-friendly interface.
- Intruder’s new Authenticated scanning is a somewhat weak function right now. Right now, we can’t be sure that the authentication is working because there’s no validation. Additionally, it’s impossible to automate more complicated login processes with a script. Although you can use the Jira integration, it’s not as robust or feature-rich as we’d want.
- The newly added authentication function is a bit costly per endpoint. If you have numerous endpoints, it would really start to add up, so hopefully, the price will go down or be packaged better in the future. We’ve had a few false alarms that we’ve had to set to snooze, but it’s not something we see very often.
Best Intruder Alternative
Astra Pentest Platform is currently the best Intruder alternative. It not only addresses instructional shortcomings but also provides a slew of extra features and benefits. For example, it has an intelligent vulnerability scanner that is updated on a regular basis to include the most recent flaws as they appear. Furthermore, we have a team of experienced pentesters available to help you test and secure your applications.
The Astra Pentest is a cloud-based security testing tool that provides more than 1000 different analysis and scanning functions. With the capacity to run 3000 tests, this software flawlessly detects errors.
- Pentesting by security experts: Astra’s pentest platform effectively utilizes people to detect business logic flaws and tough security flaws that other pentests overlook.
- Assured zero false positives: Astra Security provides website security by using high-tech sensors to check your site for flaws. You can rest assured that your website is secure since Astra uses cutting-edge technology to scan it for any vulnerabilities.
- CI/CD integration: Astra’s pentest platform makes it easy to automate your tests so you can focus on other areas of security.
- Interactive dashboard: The Astra pentest dashboard is the perfect place to keep track of all your vulnerability management needs.
- Best-in-class scan reports: Astra pentest reports provide simplified descriptions of vulnerabilities, risk scores for each vulnerability, and detailed instructions for test cases to help you prioritize remediation.
- Contextual collaboration: With Astra Security, you receive a pentest dashboard that allows you to collaborate with other professional security analysts.
Other Available Intruder Alternatives on the Market
Detectify can scan your web application, databases, and assets for vulnerabilities such as OWASP Top 10, Amazon S3 Bucket, CORS, and DNS misconfigurations. They have a community of 150+ ethical hackers who contribute security findings that we use to build automated tests.
Not only does Detectify’s Deep Scan test against the CVE library, but it also simulates real-world hacker attacks to give you a more comprehensive view of your web application security.
Probely aims to provide web vulnerability scanning services for agile teams so that they can work more efficiently and effectively. Probely’s Business Application Security Scanner allows you to scan web applications and manage the lifecycle of discovered vulnerabilities in a sleek and easy-to-use online interface.
Not only does Probely gives you code snippets to help fix identified weaknesses, but its full-featured API allows it to be seamlessly integrated into development processes (SDLC) and continuous integration pipelines (CI/CD). This way, security testing can be automated.
The vulnerability management toolbox from TOPIA can quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively evaluate, prioritize, and repair cyber hazards before they’re exploited—whether or not a security update is available. TOPIA is an affordable, cloud-based tool that uses xTags™ and Patchless Protection™ to quickly identify risks and eliminate threats.
Astra Security is the best intruder alternative available on the market. With its experienced pentesters, assured zero false positives, and easy-to-use interface, Astra is the perfect tool to keep your website safe and secure.
Astra Security is the right choice for you if you’re looking for an intruder alternative that offers more features and benefits than other options on the market.