WordPress is a highly customizable web hosting platform that powers about 25% of the websites today. WordPress is a highly customizable platform which is the favourite of most blogging websites online. It offers a rich array of features which are also suitable for many of the businesses.
The websites based on the WordPress platform can also be easily customized to meet a lot of needs of a veteran blogger.
It is a great integrated hosting option which is very easy to use and offers a wide variety and creative choice to the developers. Even if you are new to the field of blogging you will find most user-friendly WordPress web development services to set up a WordPress based website.
So even when you are on it and start blogging on this particular content management system, there are some WordPress terms that every efficient blogger must know.
Back End And The Front End
- Back End And The Front End
- WordPress Themes
- Best Handpicked WordPress Theme
- Ad-Sense Theme By MyThemeShop
- Key features
- Sensational Theme By MyThemeShop
- Key features
- NewsPaper Theme By Tagdiv
- Key features
- MyBlog Theme By MyThemeShop
- Key Features
- Publisher – Magazine WordPress Theme
- Key Features
- WordPress Plugins
- W3 Total Cache Plugin
- Key Features of WP Total Cache
- Smush Image Compression and Optimization
- Key Features of Smush.it
- Yoast SEO
- Key Features of Yoast SEO
- Broken Link Checker
- Key Features of Broken Link Checker
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
- Key Features of Jetpack By WordPress
- WordPress Widgets
- File Transfer Protocol
Most of the website development operations are carried on from the back end of the website. An administrator has access to the back end but the website visitor do not have any access to it. The back end of WordPress is known as the Dashboard. It gives the user access to all the possible options.
Apart from a developer, the editors, writers, and guest bloggers also have an access to the dashboard. The biggest advantage of the WordPress backend is that you can most of your tasks without the knowledge of coding. On the other hand, the front end is the side of the WordPress blog which is visible to the visitors.
It is basically how your website looks likes and it is the place where readers access your content.
The WordPress Theme is the most important term for a blogger as it gives the option to customize blog design, layout, and structure. The themes selected also affect the loading time and user experience on a blog. Most of the functioning of the blog will be applied after getting the right Word Press theme.
A blogger/website owner must be in touch with their WordPress web development services provider and make sure you get a suitable theme. Some of the ideal Word Press themes for a blog have been listed as follows :
Best Handpicked WordPress Theme
Ad-Sense Theme By MyThemeShop
The First one in our list is probably the best one in the list. Some of its best features include Ads Management Panel, Ads-Blocker, Plenty of ads placement, Ads Blocker Detection and content locking for ad-blocker. All these features work together to make ads visible even to User who skip over them.
- Full Responsive and Clean Coding
- Built-in Ads-Blocker Detection
- Hide Content To Ads-Blocker User
- Show Ads in Header and Support Responsive Google Ads
Sensational Theme By MyThemeShop
This Theme Promises to transform your average looking WordPress website into stunning looking Site. Theme Comes With several demo option, Which Can be applied Just With a single click. What Made this theme stunning is plenty of colors and style option present in Theme Options Panel.
- Optimized For Ad-Sense
- Unlimited Colors Schema
- Advanced Typography
NewsPaper Theme By Tagdiv
Newspaper is a WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease.
The Newspaper template is excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site. It also supports videos from YouTube and features a rating system.
- Includes Visual Composer And Slider Revolution Plugins
- Offers a Custom Sticky Slidebar
- Provide Compatible With Rich Snippets
MyBlog Theme By MyThemeShop
The Theme Will Make Your Personal Blog Looks More Professional And Authoritative. This Theme Contains Features That are Designed to help your build audience faster.
- Adsense Optimized, With Multiple Ads Options
- Off-Canvas Mobile Menu
- Search Engine & SEO Optimized
Publisher – Magazine WordPress Theme
Publisher is a flat modern, magazine WordPress theme that comes with 10 stylish demos. Those Demos càn be installed with just a single click demo Importer and can be fully customized.
The eye-catching features about this theme are the number of Adsense-Optimized features it comes packed With. There are plenty of advertisement areas placed with easy to manage ads control panel. It Also Comes With a preloaded Ads-Blocker Option and sticky menu.
- Offer an Integrated Ad-blocker Detector.
- Includes The Visual Composer And Slider Revolution Plugins
- Comes With Advance Ads Banner Widget
Plugins help the user to add additional features to the blog without the use of a coding language. WordPress plugins are the most important part of website development as they make the website more functional.There are various plugins for social media sharing, SEO, security, caching, website statistics and adding additional visual features to your blog.
Here is some WordPress plugin which is going to help you, to boost your website ranking:
Total Cache improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance, reducing download times via features like content delivery network (CDN) integration.
Key Features of WP Total Cache
- Improvements in search engine result page rankings, especially for mobile-friendly websites and sites that use SSL
- Improved conversion rates and “site performance” which affect your site’s rank on Google.com
- Optimized progressive render: pages start rendering quickly and can be interacted with more quickly
- Reduced page load time: increased visitor time on site; visitors view more pages
As Larger Image slow down your website which results to downgrade your ranking. So you need to compress images to provide better engagement to users. Smush.it does the same for you.
Smush.it is a 100% free and powerful WordPress plugin use to compress images. Now in the updated version, You may have an option to set the max width and max height to compress your original image to the selected option.
Key Features of Smush.it
- Compress any images located in any directories.
- Compatible with many WordPress media library plugins.
WordPress out of the box is technically a good platform for SEO. But using Yoast SEO WordPress plugin you can enhance and add much more SEO optimizations in your blog which further helps to achieve Search Engine Ranking.
Yoast SEO provides you to add a focus keyword in the post. It also shows snippets preview on how your post look-a-like on Search Engine and Social Networks.
Key Features of Yoast SEO
- Page Analysis
- Write better content with Yoast.
- Edit META and Links Element.
- Check Readability and SEO strength.
Broken Link Checker will check your website for broken links and notify you when it finds any. It will help you to better optimize your blog linking and helps to replace dead or broken links from your website.
Key Features of Broken Link Checker
- Monitor links on various pages, post, comment, blogroll and custom fields.
- Detect broken links, Redirect links and broken images links.
- Notify you either by WordPress Dashboard and from Email option.
Jetpack is an official plugin by WordPress Automattic itself. It helps you to secure your website, help you to drive more traffic, engage your readers and do many more things.
Key Features of Jetpack By WordPress
- Secure your website from Brute attacks and other hacking attacks.
- Easy Site stats and analytics.
- Free High Speed CDN for your images.
The Widgets on WordPress serve to be an individual element feature of the appearance section of your website’s back end. Widgets can help you improve the layout of your blog by adding features to your website and even help display advertisements to your website. Widgets can be placed on the sidebar, header, and footer of the website.
A permalink is an address or permanent URL which appears on the top of the address bar which is also a shareable link. Permalinks are allotted to various categories, posts, and pages present on the website.
Permalinks can be set in a number of formats for WordPress. Some of them are
- http://example.com/?p=124 (default on websites)
Read More About Best WordPress Permalinks Structure Here.
MySQL is an open source DMS ( Data Management System ). In easier terms, it is also known as WordPress database. It performs the following functions
- Create a backup of the database of the website
- Optimize the WordPress Database
- Create and Drop Tables
File Transfer Protocol
The File Transfer Protocol is another very important term for WordPress users and bloggers. It helps in the exchange of information between two computers or servers.
For example, if a plugin is installed on one computer then it will also be installed on the other computer. It enables to have the uniform implementation on more than one devices.
In order to run a successful blog based on WordPress, the users must be well aware of vital terms like plugins, widgets, themes and various other back-end operations.
WordPress is a very powerful platform if utilized correctly and can create a great experience for various readers and visitors to a website. The fact that WordPress can be run without the use of coding (only plugins) makes it easier to implement for bloggers and website owners.